Constipation or potty problems are something we try to avoid discussing openly and most people rather choose different home remedies for constipation to get rid of the problem over the doctor’s appointment.
It is actually weird to go and tell your friends or colleagues that you haven’t pooped in three days. This is one of the most embarrassing situations for many people out there. But, there is always a fix for every problem. All you have to do is to know the correct solution to treat constipation.
Generally, in such situations, people run to the local drugstore looking for a laxative. But, in most cases, those laxatives actually make the things worse.
Instead, try these simple home remedies to get relieved from constipation, and also keep it from coming back.
What is Constipation?
When your bowel movements are either difficult or irregular, then it means that you’re being constipated. Although, not everyone, most of the people at some point in their life suffers from this common illness.
While some people have bowel movements twice or thrice a day, others have them only twice or thrice a week. The number of bowel movements varies from one individual to another, based on several factors such as age, type of foods consumed, activities, water intake etc…
If you haven’t pooped at least once in the last three days, then you’re severely constipated. At this point of time, the stool or feces become harder and it would be difficult for it to pass out easily, thereby causing you severe pain while pooping.
Symptoms of Constipation
The most common constipation symptoms include:
- Fewer bowel movements
- Hard stools (sometimes small)
- Getting strained out after pooping
- Not fully satisfied and got a feeling that your stomach is still bloated
- Abdominal pain
- Sudden Vomiting without a cause
What Causes Constipation?
A few common causes of constipation include:
- Eating disorders
- Consuming a lot of daily products
- Irregular dieting habits (frequent diet changes)
- Antacid medicines that contain Calcium or Aluminum
- Less active throughout the day
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Stress levels
- Less intake of water or fiber in your diet
- Voluntarily stopping the urge to poop or bowel movement
- Improper digestive system
- Usage of strong pain killers such as iron pills, narcotics, antidepressants, sleeping pills etc…
- Colon Cancer
- Lastly, using a lot of laxatives in order to cure constipation. It may work in the beginning, but over time, these laxatives weakens your bowel movements and make them irregular again.
Natural Home Remedies for Constipation
If you’re having potty troubles, then try these natural remedies to relieve constipation without laxatives.
1.Herbal Constipation Remedies
2.Nutrition to Get Relieved from Constipation
- Foods for Constipation
- Prune Juice
- Aloevera Juice
- Olive Oil
- Castor Oil
- Flaxseed Oil
- Green Tea
- Karo Syrup
- Probiotics (Greek Yogurt)
3.Supplements to Treat Constipation
- Vitamin C
4.Other Popular Constipation Remedies
- Baking Soda
- Epsom Salt
- Lemon and Warm Water
- Drink Coffee
- Move your Butt
- Dandelion Leaves
- Squat Position
Image courtesy: Shutterstock